* The Clinical trial of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) for COVID-19 treatment was suspended by WHO
* Tedros Adnom Ghebreyesus, Director WHO said on Monday that it has been suspended temporarily the clinical trial of HCQ on COVID-19 patients.
* The researchers of this study are also reported that these drugs can cause serious potential side effects and particularly heart arrhythmia.
* Last week US President Donald Trump said that he is taking this drug and also has inspired governments to take this drug.
* According to the Lancet study, this drug has been used to 96,000 patients across 100 hospitals who are affected by COVID-19 but it’s not benefitted to them.
* “The WHO-backed Solidarity Trial had been looking only at the effects of hydroxychloroquine and not chloroquine”, Soumya Swaminathan (WHO chief scientist ) said.