Diabetic, Pre-Diabetic patients at higher risk of fatality: COVID-19
* Patients with diabetes, pre-diabetes, and high blood sugar are at higher risk of fatality in COVID-19
* Study published in a journal ‘Diabetology’ states patients having a higher level of fasting blood sugar level can die within 28 days of infection.
* The study was done on 605 patients who don’t have any previous diagnosis of diabetes.
* Around 208 patients have one or more pre-existing diseases.
* Within 28 days, 114 patients lost their lives.
* By this study scientists conclude that people who didn’t diagnose with diabetes before but having high blood sugar levels have severe symptoms of COVID-19 which leads to death.