Finally, the Ozone layer hole closes, above the Arctic
* Scientists have shared the good news that the Ozone layer hole closes above the Arctic.
* A hole above the Arctic caused due to unusual atmospheric conditions has closed, says CAMS and C3S
* The ozone layer in Stratosphere shields the Earth from the Sun’s ultraviolet rays
* In 1970s, scientists discovered that the Ozone layer has been depleted due to man-made activities
* Due to high altitude currents that are responsible for cold air towards the polar region, this is the reason for the ozone layer healing above the Arctic.